Dr. Surendra C. HerkalM.A. (Hindi, Marathi), HTD, M.Ed, SET,
M.Phil, Ph.D. (Education), D.S.M.
Dr. Surendra Chandrakant Herkal began his professional career as a lecturer in 2006 at Dr. M A Khan College of Education, Manchar, Pune. Then, he moved to MAEER’S MIT School of Education & Research in 2011. At present he works as the Principal in MIT Saint Dnyaneshwar B.Ed. College, Alandi Devachi, Pune. Apart from Marathi, Hindi and education, he has postgraduate degrees in sociology and social work. He has done M. Phil. and Ph.D. from Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU).
University of South America has awarded him the D.Litt. He received the Global Teacher Award in 2019. He completed his research project under the Board of College & University Department, University of Pune, in the area of education. He delivered the keynote address in an international conference organized by University of Mumbai and Vispute College of Education, Panvel in 2018.
Under his guidance, 39 students have completed their research work at M.Ed. level in SPPU. He has been felicitated with the Ideal Principal Award, Dnyanshree Award, Shikshan Ratna Award and several Ideal Teacher awards. He is a part of various committees of SPPU, YCMOU and IGNOU. He has authored four books on the topic of education and has published around 50 research papers in national and international journals. He has done UGC orientation programs, refresher programs and faculty development programs. Following is a list of some of his associations.
- VT Member, NCTE, New Delhi
- Member, Quality Council of India (QCI), New Delhi
- Education Member, Board of Studiesy, Savitribai Phule Pune University
- VC Nominee, Staff Selection Committee, Savitribai Phule Pune University
- CAP & Internal Evalution Committee Member, Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Member, Nagari Lipi Parishad, New Delhi
- Member, Aapanach, Pune
- Member, Maharashtra Rashtrabhasha Prachar Sabha, Pune
- Member, Maharashtra Shikshak Prashikshan Sangh, Maharashtra