Introduction to Placement Cell
The Placement Cell plays a fundamental role in locating job opportunities for student teachers of B.Ed. from the college by keeping in touch with reputed schools and junior colleges. The functioning of the Placement Cell has always proved to be efficient as it maintains good rapport with educational institutions. The Cell operates round the year to facilitate contact between schools and student teachers. On learning the requirements of various institutions, a mutually agreeable date is fixed for holding interviews at the college campus and candidates are guided and trained for the same. The number of students placed through campus interviews is continuously rising. On invitation, many reputed schools visit the institute to conduct interviews.
The Placement Cell organizes career guidance programs for all the students starting from first year. Priority is given to train the students for the placement process, which involves interview techniques, and aptitude and self-presentation skills. This training is imparted to all the student teachers.
- To develop employability of students
- To conduct on and off placement drives for recruitment
- To provide equal chances to all students and alumni to present themselves for placement
- To give information about various higher study options and competitive examinations
- To acquaint the students with self-employment programs
- To make the students and teachers more confident through workshops, seminars, interviews and extension lectures
- The Training and Placement Cell invites various reputed schools from Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad to conduct campus interviews in the college.
- After finalizing all parameters, schools visit the campus and conduct a pre-placement talk before the interview session, which gives all of the required details.
- Dates are allotted to schools for carrying out the recruitment process.
- Schools / junior colleges are required to furnish the final list of selected candidates, preferably on the same day.