About MAEER's S.D.B.Ed. College
MAEER’s Saint Dnyaneshwar B.Ed. College (SDBEd) has a tradition of providing the highest level of teaching, resulting in outstanding academic outcomes. From the portals of this college, students have progressed to become community leaders and achievers, not only in the field of education but in diverse other fields, realizing their dreams in the process. The college provides a young adult learning environment that blends with the tradition and culture of MIT Group. The facilities and programs are contemporary and relevant to the needs of students. The college lays strong emphasis on achievement, while providing a strong student support network. A range of diverse activities are conducted throughout the academic year.
- Workshops on various topics.
- Preparation of teaching aids by experts from SCERT.
- Life skills.
- Models of teaching.
- Constructivist teaching-learning.
- Ways to excel in B.Ed. examination – Subject-wise guidance.
- Development of edutech skills among teachers such as LMS Moodle and active learning strategies.
- On campus placement in diverse organizations and mock interviews.
- Emphasis on the use of cooperative and collaborative learning techniques and a constructivist approach.
- Student and staff enrichment programs that share the latest updates in the field of education, covering aspects such as work culture, hierarchical models like revised Bloom’s Taxonomy, transactional analysis, mentoring and coaching and trends in education.
- Street plays on topics such as Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and dengue awareness, as a part of serving the community.
- Cleanliness programs at Indrayani Ghat and distribution of prasad.
- Social service activity in collaboration with NGOs such as Door Step and Teach for India.
- Quality enhancement programs that provide extra guidance to the students working to attain higher outcomes.
- Expert lectures conducted under schemes such as Girls’ Personality Development and Students Guidance.
- Alumni meets and convocation ceremony.