The Master of Arts (Education) Programme is an innovative programme, which would prepare learners with a wider and more comprehensive understanding of education as a field of knowledge and it also aims to develop reflective educational practitioners who can reform the education system. MA in Education prepares candidates for careers in various teaching and training settings.
MIT SD B.Ed. is a study center for M.A. Education recognized by YCMOU. It aims at imparting instructions, advising and providing any kind of assistant required by the students.
General objectives of the M.A. (Education) program are
- To develop professionals for effective participation in educational actions in different areas of education.
- To impart specialized knowledge and understanding about the philosophical and sociological bases of education.
- To generate awareness and understanding of some specialized areas of education and human development.
- To develop critical thinking among students pertaining to issues related to education.
- To develop national and international perspectives about educational theory and practice.
- To enable the learners to visualize the inter-linkages and dependency among different educational systems.
- To develop knowledge and understanding of management, planning and financing of education at various administrative and policy planning levels.
- To impart a working knowledge of ICTs and their applications in formal and non formal systems of education.
- To impart knowledge and understanding of the process of educational research and skill in conducting research in specialized areas of education.
- To undertake research work in the area of education independently.
- Name of the Course: M.A. Education
- Course code: M82
- Affiliated To: Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
- Link for admission:
- Duration of Course: 2 Years (4 semester)
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
Graduation/Post Graduation any stream with minimum 55% Marks
- Medium of Instruction: English and Marathi
- Fee: As per YCMO University structure