Introduction to Placement Cell
The Placement Cell plays a fundamental role in locating job opportunities for student teachers of B.Ed. from the college by keeping in touch with reputed schools and junior colleges. The functioning of the Placement Cell has always proved to be efficient as it maintains good rapport with educational institutions. The Cell operates round the year to facilitate contact between schools and student teachers. On learning the requirements of various institutions, a mutually agreeable date is fixed for holding interviews at the college campus and candidates are guided and trained for the same. The number of students placed through campus interviews is continuously rising. On invitation, many reputed schools visit the institute to conduct interviews.
The Placement Cell organizes career guidance programs for all the students starting from first year. Priority is given to train the students for the placement process, which involves interview techniques, and aptitude and self-presentation skills. This training is imparted to all the student teachers.
- To develop employability of students
- To conduct on and off placement drives for recruitment
- To provide equal chances to all students and alumni to present themselves for placement
- To give information about various higher study options and competitive examinations
- To acquaint the students with self-employment programs
- To make the students and teachers more confident through workshops, seminars, interviews and extension lectures
- The Training and Placement Cell invites various reputed schools from Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad to conduct campus interviews in the college.
- After finalizing all parameters, schools visit the campus and conduct a pre-placement talk before the interview session, which gives all of the required details.
- Dates are allotted to schools for carrying out the recruitment process.
- Schools / junior colleges are required to furnish the final list of selected candidates, preferably on the same day.
Rules & Regulations
- SY BEd students seeking employment may register for campus placements with the Training and Placement Cell.
- Only registered students can avail the placement facility.
- The details in the resume should be genuine and any student found violating this rule may not be allowed for the placement sessions for rest of the academic year.
- Students have to send their updated resumes to the email ids provided by the Training and Placement Cell.
- Students should maintain discipline and show ethical behavior during the placement process. Any student found violating the rules set by the institute or defaming the same, will be disallowed from the placement sessions for the rest of the academic year.
- Students should occupy the venue 15 minutes before the placement drive starts.
- It is the responsibility of the student to check announcements and notices for updates and shortlisted names on the notice boards and/or the Google group. Students are expected to be in time for the placement session.
- A student who gets shortlisted is bound to go through the entire selection process unless rejected midway by the concerned institute. Any student who withdraws deliberately in the midst of the selection process will be disallowed from the placement sessions for the rest of the academic year.
- The copy of the offer letter is required to be submitted in the placement office.
- A student is allowed (as per eligibility criteria set by the schools) to appear in the ongoing placement process for multiple schools till he/she gets his/her first job offer.
- If a student receives more than one offer owing to delay in the announcements of results by the concerned institutes, he/she is bound to accept the job offer whose results were declared earlier.
- A student selected by a school / junior college is out of the placement process thereafter and will be deregistered from the Placement Cell.
- Students must be formally dressed whenever they participate in any sort of interaction with a school / junior college. The Placement Cell reserves the right to refuse permission to a student to attend the selection process, if their attire is unsatisfactory.
- Students must carry their I-cards during interviews. No one would be allowed to enter the interview venue without the I- card.
- All students are advised to carry the following documents during placement drives.
- Resume (two copies)
- Passport sized latest photographs (two copies)
- For all matters not covered by the above regulations, the Training and Placement Cell will use its discretion to take appropriate decisions. Moreover, the Cell has full rights to change/modify the rules from time to time, as and when required. The decision of the Cell will be final and binding on all students.